Sunday, October 2, 2011

10/2/2011 GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY

SUNDAY  10/2/2011    Perfect day, weather wise - humidity down and temp in the 80's.  Turned the air conditioner off for the first time in I can't remember how long!  Am going to make it a PERFECT DAY with my food choices too.  Had 1/4 cup cottage cheese,  1 slice of bread and 2 cups of coffee with Non-Fat Almond milk.  Lunch was 1 slice toast with 3 oz. 98% fat-free ham and an apple.  Really lingered over each bite and realized how quickly I would chew something once or twice and swallow.  Sometime I would even add more food while there was still food in my mouth - not tasting really.  Thought I was but just taking mega time today makes me realize I rush through my food.  Was tempted to (but did not) take a swallow of liquid before I was even finished chewing!  Holy cow!  No wonder my poor taste buds clamor for MORE FOOD!  Since the Dr. Oz show had the segment on tastebuds and Anderson Cooper having the expert on different tasting abilities of people from birth - I realize my poor taste buds were screaming for QUANTITY in order to be satisfied.  All the behavior modification tricks emphasize how our body systems will get what they need one way or another.  LOL  Anyway, am feeling good about what I have accomplished so far today.  Hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment