Tuesday, October 4, 2011

10/4/2011 GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIME

Another day smarter when it comes to finding out how the body processes food.  Losing weight is not simply calories in - calories out.  If only it was as simple as that.  According to Dr. Drew if the same part of the brain is tickled that causes the same "NEEDING TO HAVE IT" reaction that drug addicts respond to, it is overpowering.   Someone on the new program "The Chew" said today that carbs & fats are comfort foods and they work, releasing serotonin - making you happy.   She said the trick is to not eat too large a serving or they add weight.  She obviously is not one of us that are grossly overweight.  She said to not deny yourself all those good tastes and a small amount will provide the happy without the weight gain.  I have a feeling it doesn't take too much for me, to make me want MORE and MORE before I feel satisfied.  Is it the AMOUNT of fat that is the trigger?   Does that mean  I'm addicted to carbs?  Do I need to choose to not eat ANY,  like an alcoholic needs to choose to drink NO ALCOHOL?  Hmmmm.  Something to ponder.
'Till Later

No comments:

Post a Comment